Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bob Inserts His Huber Needle and Begins Infusion


This is a 40-minute video of a potentially educational (depending on your perspective) and at times difficult to watch process of me shakily inserting a Huber needle into the Porta-Cath implanted in my chest. After I do that, I apply a new bandage and prep for an infusion. Various scintillating commentary along the way, delivered dead-pan. (I really gotta work on my style.)

Have a great time watching this one! As woody Allen said about a bad date he had once, I haven't had this much fun since the Nuremberg trials. All this, because Blue Shield doesn't want to pay for my continued antibiotic therapy with Rocephin (arguably the most effective IV antibiotic against Bb).

(Sorry, the link to the video is broken. I just discovered this. It's the result of Apple killing of its "Mobile Me" service, where I had stored the video file. I'll have to come up with an alternative.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be constructive in your comments.