Monday, January 9, 2012

Exercise & Parkinson's Disease

This article from the Washington Post says extreme exercise is good for PD. The issue I have is that my Lyme docs warn against aerobic exercise for Lyme. What could help with one disease can exacerbate the other. This is a conundrum for me. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/bicycling-and-other-exercise-may-help-people-with-parkinsons-curb-their-symptoms/2011/12/10/gIQAnWT1lP_story.html

Lyme docs recommend exercise that is non-aerobic, such as weight lifting. Some suggest jumping on a small trampoline in order to stimulate the lymph system and therefore aid in detoxification. When I exercise hard (aerobically), I feel pretty lousy for the next day or two. This is a typical Lyme reaction. I guess I'll just have to keep experimenting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be constructive in your comments.