Thursday, May 22, 2008

Prius Multi Function Display update

I found a web site that shows how to fix the MFD. Turns out there is a bad solder joint on one of the circuit boards inside the computer that sits behind the screen. I will try the fix and report back. It takes some doing to remove the dash, then the MFD and then take out the affected printed circuit board, but I'll give it a whirl. I have never heard back from anyone at Toyota of Berkeley. The repair site is here:
http://www.techno-fandom.org/~hobbit/cars/mfd/

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried the repair?

    I'm letting my dealership take care of it because I can't be without my car for the days it might take me to repair the MFD, and it is too cold in Virginia right now to attempt this repair, without a garage. I'll be out a bunch of cash, but I can work on my laptop while I wait for repairs.

    My radio and HVAC are acting up a lot lately, and the MFD is often unresponsive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did it cost you, in the end?

    ReplyDelete

Please be constructive in your comments.